Sunday 11 October 2009

House Guest

To get me in the mood for another visit to VietNam I've taken in a young student, Viet from Hanoi. His girlfriend Thao, one of Mark's former students, lives around the corner and they cook delicious meals in an evening, although sometimes I cook for them; fish pie or my attempt at asian cooking, which they are kind enough to enjoy.
These young people are so quiet and polite it's a pleasure to have them here and hopefully, I'll re-learn a few Vietnamese phrases from them before my trip in November.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh you must post a photo of her. I wonder if I remember who she is. See you soon!!

Catherine Woods said...

Hi Pat --
Here's to a lovely transition from life in Wales to life in Vietnam. I like how you're doing it!
With blessings,
Catherine

Patsy said...

Thao is a student at the local college where Mark was teaching English 2 years ago, but not at KTV