Monday 8 February 2010

3 days to go...


As I prepare to leave this tropical hothouse and wing my way back to freezing Britain, Vietnam prepares for the Tet New Year holiday.


This morning Ms Hahn and her friend Miss Ha took me to the flower market, which seems to be an important part of the Tet preparations. Miss Ha is an English teacher and her speaking is excellent. She seems to be interested in getting to know Mark a little better!


The Year of the Ox, or Buffalo as its known here, is ending and the Year of the Tiger will begin on Sunday 14th Feb... so for me this is very significant. I'm an Ox, slow and methodical, so I'll be needing the Tiger energy to achieve what I want to do in the next year. The Tiger symbolizes the female Yin energy and I'll be grounding myself in practical matters.

As I pack I'm getting rid of superfluous clothing to make room for trinkets for my grandchildren and hoping they're not in tiny pieces by the time I open my case at home!
At the moment I'm just glad to be in the air-conditioned comfort of Mark's room.

2 comments:

Catherine Woods said...

Hi Pat!
It sounds like you're ready for what's to come next in the UK and that your time in Vietnam was rewarding and well spent, albeit hot of late. Wishing you safe journeys home and a good transition into Year of the Tiger energies (did you know I was born in the Year of the Tiger?).
Sending you blessings,
Catherine

Patsy said...

Thank you Tiger! I'm feeling good about this year.