Saturday 21 March 2009

4 weeks


In the four weeks since returning from my travels, I've settled back into my comfortable little home, my comfortable bed where I sleep too well and a comfortable, if boring routine, but it seems much longer. There are plenty of things to do, sorting out all the little problems that accumulated while I was away, but I'm missing the excitement of going somewhere new every day. At first the weather was cold with snow on the hills, but as the weather improved this last week, I took every opportunity to get out and about.



It's been like spring, if still a little cool, with daffodils and blossoms everywhere and I'm constantly struck by the beauty of this country that rivals anywhere abroad. Last weekend I visited Julie on Anglesey and after a walk along the coast where she lives, we sat by her log fire in the evening drinking wine and reminiscing. One lovely day after lunch at Annie's I sat in her country garden just enjoying the warmth of the sun. Then a day out with both daughters to Llandewyn Island, a long walk along the beach with distance views of the mountains, which was really beautiful.















One thing that always strikes me on returning home from abroad is how very beautiful this country is, with scenery to rival anywhere else. So I'll post a few pics of where I live...













4 comments:

Catherine Woods said...

Hi Pat -- Has the building across your town street been sold (the hotel) and being converted into residences?

Patsy said...

Yes, there are new houses now still for sale!

Catherine Woods said...

Are they like semi-detached houses with 3 floors of living space or are they similar to what you've got in your place, flats on each floor, with interior staircase access to each?

Unknown said...

I would LOVE to see pics of your house and surrounding areas. Really would LOVE to come visit!!