Saturday 19 September 2009

I Can See Too Clearly Now!

It's two days since an operation on one eye to correct a cataract restored my sight and the world is clear and bright once more! In fact, I have to wear sunglasses when I go out now. Now the eye has adjusted and I can't believe how much I've been missing as the other eye still looks through a lens darkly!

Now I can see too clearly... every pore, line and wrinkle... aarghhhh!
Modern surgery is indeed amazing and while it wasn't exactly painful, it was certainly not comfortable. However, the experience was interesting, as I was fully awake. I couldn't actually see what was happening as fluid was flooding the eye so it felt like I was looking up at a bright light from the bottom of a well through almost psychedelically coloured swirling liquid.

So one down and one to go! But that will have to wait as I've booked a flight to VietNam for November, so off I go again! Life is great, isn't it!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Mark just told me the good news yesterday! I'm just beside myself that you're coming back for a visit! Can't wait to see you!! And if I look fat through your new eye.. well.. that surgery just wasn't successful! ha!

Catherine Woods said...

Congratulations on the successful cataract surgery! How wonderful to see clearly again . . . and it's so good this will soon apply to both eyes!

I love the Patsy at home photo. I'm assuming it's a self-portrait -- is it?

And last but not least, great news also about VietNam.

With blessings,
Catherine

Patsy said...

Thanks... Julie took these pics. She drove me home from hospital and stayed over, great daughter that she is!

Juliana Porto said...

Life is awesome!
And you still have so much to see.

Hugs.