Tuesday 3 February 2009

Hello Jules!

I'm sure everyone will be relieved to know that Julie arrived on time at 3.15pm, jet-lagged but looking good! I surely am glad anyway! Now I have someone to share my worries with! Not kidding.
The other news is that I booked us a campervan as it seemed there were none to be had for another week, so I took the one that is available tomorrow. Its small but adequate and will do us for the next 10 days. After that we'll have a week to get to the North Island and Aukland.

Jule here ... I hear I was lucky to leave Heathrow before the snow closed it down. Not only did we touch down in Dubai, but also Bangkok and Sydney, going through customs and all the security checks with our baggage, losing my Aloe Vera in the process! I was randomly selected to be electronically searched at Sydney. A lady sitting by me on the plane stopped breathing as we were taking off from Bangkok while her husband pleaded for help and I held her hand waiting for oxygen equipment and the ship's doctor to resuscitate her. Quite an eventful journey and I'm glad to be back on terra firma after nearly 30 hours travelling! Whew!! Patsy's typing furiously as I'm too tired to concentrate. when I get my phone working tomorrow I'll be getting in touch with everyone.

Amelia... I'll try to Skype you tomorrow at 5.00pm here which should be 10.00am in thailand. If this fails, let's email

2 comments:

Diane Holliday said...

Wow, so happy to hear you are there now Julie and that you are both OK. Yes you were so lucky to get out of UK...typical, snow and London shut down..though I guess the kids had fun!!

Fiona said...

Hello Pat !
Hope you are enjoying your trip in NZ - such a fab place to be right now.. we here in Dublin are battling the snow,ungritted roads and the rest! Makes the driving in Vietnam seem quite ok !!
Fiona