Thursday 26 February 2009

There's no place like home!

Thursday 26th Feb 2009

We've been home sweet home since Saturday night when we were met off the train by Annie and John and delivered back to the flat. Our journey went very smoothly and by the time I'd landed at Heathrow and collected my bags, then found the Terminal where Emirates flights land, Julie arrived on time and we had no hitches getting home from Euston.

It's taken a few days to get back to a normal rhythm of life. Julie stayed till yesterday and at first we were both falling asleep in the early evening and waking in the early hours to make tea and chat! Today however, I woke after a good night's sleep and decided to go for a swim before breakfast. It was a brisk walk to the local pool and as there was no-one at the desk I went right in. (I have a pensioners card for free swimming!) I thought it was very quiet and as I got into my cossie and stashed my clothes in a locker, two members of staff appeared to tell me the pool is closed for maintenance! So I had a good walk anyway!

Rich arrived last night for a few days and its really good to see him again. As I don't yet have broadband, we're in a WiFi Cafe in town. So that's all for now. Will continue when I'm online again. Now I have Michael's visit to look forward to this coming summer!!



2 comments:

Unknown said...

So happy to hear that you arrived home safely. How's the jetlag? I can't wait to come see you!!

Catherine Woods said...

Hi Pat -- It's good to know you're back home and that your travels went smoothly. I loved following your adventures (and having the opportunity to join you vicariously!