Sunday 21 June 2009

Getting ready

I'm busy packing this morning, trying to decide what NOT to take with me to Glastonbury! Should I take a suitcase or a backpack? At least I don't have to carry everything on my back, as I did many years ago, backpacking round Wales. I am not famous for travelling light and tend to take things 'just in case', but I'm really trying to keep my bags to a minimum. (I'm known as the 'bag lady' in my family.)

Five of us are going together in a big truck; though how big remains to be seen. Hopefully, big enough to accommodate my big bag of bedding, containing a thick blanket fo a base and duvet to ensure a comfortable night's rest in the tent we'll all be sharing! A bag of toiletries and only a small bag of clothes; as we'll be camping in the outdoors I'll only need a few layers to change around according to the weather. Then there's a bag of jewellery making kit that I intend to use and hopefully sell a few beads and earings I've been making recently, which I find satisfies a creative need at the moment. I've acquired a toilet tent with a borrowed portaloo, essential for nightly emergencies! Also a couple of folding chairs and small folding table if there's room.

The forecast is good for the next few days, but you never know! Glastonbury is famous for the mud when it inevitably rains. We'll be away for over a week, close to nature, as well as thousands of other people, but also far from my laptop and home comforts! How will I cope? I'll return no doubt with many pics and tales of our Glastonbury adventure!

1 comment:

Catherine Woods said...

Bon voyage! Have fun!