Sunday 22 November 2009

Face-OFF

Oops! This link appears to be broken. This is what appears when I try to open Facebook! Apparently, its been banned by the VN government and shutting the stable door springs to mind. I have got messages but I'm unable to reply to any friends and family. However, I'm still on msn messenger, so look for me there.

We spent the weekend at the south coast, Long Hai and Vung Tau, where where they are hosting a 'Mrs Universe Pageant'. It's a long 90 kilometre trip by bike from here and we left home at 5am to be there early, so were immediately besieged by local vendors of fresh crabs and cooked squid, straw hats and icecream.




After our long ride we were glad to relax on deckchairs in the shade of umbrellas, which was very nice, except for the loud jingle of the icecream carts and noise of the crowds that soon filled the beach, like Blackpool on a Bank Holiday! I went to sleep anyway.
Vung Tao, which is similar to Llandudno with a large hill like the Great Orme, except for the giant Christ on the hill.


The ride was not as comfortable on Mark's bike as it was with Mr Wing, my Easy Rider. That could be something to do with the fact that Mark takes up more room than Mr Wing on his bike, who's much smaller and thinner and after a while my bum was quite numb so we stopped half way for a much needed break and drink.

We left before dawn on Saturday to take advantage of the cool early morning (I even needed my light fleece), and the quieter roads, or so we thought. However, the traffic was almost as busy as usual with heavy lorries and buses! The ride home on Sunday afternoon was even worse, as everyone seemed to be returning from the seaside at the same time and we were quite exhausted by the time we arrived in the early evening, glad to be back in the comfort of home surroundings!





No comments: