Sunday 15 November 2009

Hello VietNam!

Just to put all minds at rest, I've arrived safe and sound but only just managed to get on-line. (Patricia on the Qantas flight to Doha, where she slept away most of the 7 hour stop.)
Had two hectic days after landing at Saigon on Friday night. That night we stayed at the apartment of one of his colleagues and nearly all of Saturday was spent in Saigon as Mark was working at his new school there. It was Pearly's last day there as she's taking a well earned rest after months of hard work setting up the school and the staff brought in a quite delicious ice cream cake and farewell gifts for her.
We finally got 'home' to Bien Hoa in time for a late supper with Nick and old friends. My bedroom has no AC so I was pretty hot last night, despite the fan working away, so Mark is arranging for one to be installed ASAP, which will probably happen tomorrow, I hope!

First thing this morning I was introducing myself to some very young students at another school nearby, then most of the day has been taken up with shopping, meeting people and watching a film in Mark's private cinema; his bedroom!

My Big Buddy Michael (not quite so big now!) came over tonight and we caught up with all the gossip, so I've just had a shower and got on-line at last! It's now 11:40 pm and I'm likely to fall asleep any minute but I don't think I have Jet-lag, not so far anyway. So that's all folks for now!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I was so so so happy to see you yesterday! Let's eat pho together one morning this week!! Love you!!!