Saturday 6 December 2008

New Horizons

Tomorrow I'm off on an adventure to see the rest of VietNam in 10 days. Early in the morning the bus will take me to Da Lat again, where I'll meet Mr Wing (his real name is Nguyen, which sounds much like Wing or even Wynne!) See http://realtravel.com/dalat-journals-j3441285.html

He's a mature Easy Rider and has offered to take me as far as Sapa, the mountains in the far north, if I want. That's quite a journey... at least 1500 km. which is about 1000 miles, I think.  If I can get to Hanoi, where I can get the train back, a two day journey, I'll be happy. I must be back here by Xmas, when I'll be setting off on the next leg of my journey to meet up with Richard. 

When I've worked out the trip with Mr Wing tomorrow at the Peace Cafe, I'll be able to tell you more.  Although I'm not taking my laptop with me (it's too heavy) there are usually free internet computers in the hotels.  So hopefully I'll be writing fairly regularly. 


3 comments:

Catherine Woods said...

Hi Pat, Blessings on your journey north and back. What fun. Catherine

Gadget said...

What a wonderful adventure you're having - with more fun to come.

I hope you have an eventful trip - but also uneventful if you know what I mean.

I think you're braver that I am!

My daughter Caroline has presented me with my first grandchild very recently - a boy. I'm so looking forward to seeing him again just after Christmas.

Have a wonderful trip and a safe return.

Patsy said...

Thanks for you comment... it's great to hear from you again Shirley. Congrats on being a Grandmother! Keep in touch.