Monday 31 August 2009

Facing the Crunch

It's now six weeks since I decided to make the effort to lose weight. Well, I have to own up... I haven't achieved my goal of 60k from 66k in 6 weeks. That would be about 9 1/2 stone, which I was for many years. I aimed to lose 6 kilos (12.12 lbs. in English) but have stabilised at 64k, about 10 st. a loss of 2k, or 4.4 lbs.

What I have done is to eat as healthily as possible, given my nomadic lifestyle! I've happily eliminated dairy foods from my diet along with meat, most of the time, which I don't miss at all. I am feeling slimmer and my next goal is to lose another 2k by increasing my level of exercise, which has been sporadic. When I've achieved that, it's only another 2k to get to my ideal weight again. So instead of 6 weeks it may take up to 6 months, but it will happen.

As a lapsed vegetarian I'm very happy with the variety of fruits and veg we have available today and my appreciation of food encompasses cuisines from around the world. I've recently stocked up on Asian noodles, brown rice, seaweed, miso, tofu and tempeh; made from fermented soybeans, all very nutritious and delicious, so I'm enjoying my diet! My only problem is portion control, but I'm working on it!

It's so easy to put weight on, but the older and more sedentary we get, the harder it is to lose weight! The Secret of achieving anything is to have a Focus of Intent, but the important thing to remember is that simply 'wishing ' for something actually doesn't work. Nothing is likely to happen unless you work on it! In my opinion, WORK is the missing ingredient from The Secret (book and DVD), if you've been trying to get that to work! OK... more exercise then!

2 comments:

Diane Holliday said...

Well done Pat for losing even just a little excess fat, we all need to find that dedication to our health not just to the scales!!

Catherine Woods said...

Yes, well done Pat! I love reading how you're fine-tuning the process and allowing for the blossoming of a true change in life habits, the sort that will facilitate both reaching your goal and stabilizing there!

Many blessings,
Catherine