Sunday 27 December 2009

Christmas Day

It was a cold, misty morning and the girls dressed in warm clothes, with long socks, woollen gloves and face protectors for a trip further north. Even at 9.00am I was glad of a jacket, but the sun soon broke through to show the beauty of the Highlands.


We rode some 60 kilometers to a waterfall where we had a picnic lunch. Actually we could only glimpse the waterfall from a distance because of the black basalt rocks, but there were tiled areas for picnics, which made it more comfortable.

The girls then decided to continue to another waterfall that's more accessible. As we arrived I was surprised to recognise Draysap as one of places I visited with Mr Wing last year, with Fiona and Marie! However, there's been quite a reduction in the volume of water since then as you can see in the last pictures, taken now and one year ago.


This is very popular for a day out and crowds of young people and families were there for a picnic, carrying crates of beer with them. There was a time I could scramble and leap from rock to rock but now it isn't so easy and I needed a little help from An to get to the water's edge and refresh my feet in the cool waters.















This is Draysap in December 2009 compared to the same place in December 2008 and yes... I know I'm wearing the same shirt!


No comments: