Wednesday 14 January 2009

Across Australia

We've left the comfort of Damian's home, where we were spoilt rotten and taken everywhere by car, to fly to Adelaide where I'm now reporting from a backpackers hostel. It would be Ok except that it's been in the 40's since we arrived and our room is too hot for comfort! Late this afternoon we took the tram to the coast where I promptly lay down on the hot sand and slept for a good hour. Rich had to wake me as the sun was going down!

Tomorrow we're back on the road again in a small campervan, to explore this South east corner of the continent. We have a good two weeks and I believe the coastline is quite spectacular. Also Rich wants to venture to some mountainous regions to do some climbing. We'll leave the camper at Sydney, where we'll both fly off in different directions; Rich to go home and me to meet Julie in Christchurch, NZ. This is quite a trip and I hope I haven't taken on too much! Anyway its been fantastic so far. More news when I can.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh, I am so happy to hear from you and that you're doing well. I can't wait to see the pictures!! Miss you!!