Saturday 31 January 2009

Bagless in Christchurch

Left Sydney at 10am and arrived here this afternoon although the flight wasn't that long, but it's another two hours ahead here. So its now 5.17pm and I've booked into the Stonehurst Hostel for the night. We had a bumpy ride crossing the Northwest mountains, which looked quite awesome from several hundred feet above.

Waiting for my bags to come round on the Airport carousel, only one arrived so I'm one bag-less tonight. There were quite a few bags missing and it seems that frequently happens at Sydney, so hopefully it will arrive tomorrow. The bag that did arrive contains toiletries, towel and nightwear but no change of clothes. Also my jacket, which is a good thing as its quite cool here and thankfully I'm not sweating!

I like the atmosphere here; very laidback and friendly. The city of Christchurch is peacefully small after the bustle of towering Sydney. The Bus shuttle driver took me to the address I'd found on the net of a Backpackers hostel, which turned out to be non-existent, so he very helpfully brought me here. I'm in a mixed dorm of four pairs of bunk beds, but its quite cheap.

Tomorrow I meet Julie off her flight from Heathrow!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh, I'm so happy to hear that you've arrived safely on that beautiful, green island. I miss ya!!