Friday 14 January 2011

Conscious walking

Today the brilliant sun tempted my elderly gentleman friend to take me out for lunch at the RSPB Nature Reserve in Conwy. We had a short walk as he wasn't feeling too energetic and there was a strong cold wind, before having lunch at the cafe with views over the lagoons, which is a great place to see water birds. 

When we walk slowly and I want to get the maximun benefit, I practise conscious walking; being aware of how each muscle feels as I make the effort to stretch them with each step, together with deep breathing. So even though it wasn't at my usual pace I derived as much benefit as possible. 

The Reserve runs between the A55 and the Conwy River, with dramatic views down the Conwy valley in one direction and Conwy Castle in the other.
I feel so lucky to live in such a beautiful part of the country.


1 comment:

Catherine Woods said...

Yes, a very beautiful part of the country, let alone the world! I feel the same way about living here at the foot of the Rocky Mountains.