Thursday 20 January 2011

FOOD... and my relationship with it!

Its not so easy to eat as healthily as we'd like when eating out. When I had lunch out the other day with my old gentleman, we both opted for the 'light-bite', which was just as well, because had we ordered a main meal, we'd have been confronted with a 'man-size' portion, far too big for us oldies. Our choice of two smoked haddock fishcakes on a bed of salad was ample, though we did also share a bowl of chips... HAND-CUT! Yes, real chips, freshly fried, which were so good we polished them off.

 So much for the healthy option! But we did do a fair amount of walking as well.

Mostly I do eat healthily, even though my mother's injunction to finish everything on my plate is a hard one to shake off!


 More about my (and your) relationship with food to come...

www.patricia-wynne.co.uk

1 comment:

Diane Holliday said...

Suffering the same upbringing gives us the same problems....!! I just eat too much...and I like food. Never mind we just have to keep trying our best.