Sunday 9 January 2011

Motivation

Well, the sun came out today and so did I. Armed with my nordic walking sticks that make me look like a skier out of snow, I did my favourite short walk to West Shore and up the Orme, along Invalids Walk and through the Haulfre Gardens, where I stopped at the Cafe for a good hot coffee, with sugar I'm afraid, but I only have one per day.

These sticks are great for working the upper body as well and do help to get up some speed. I asked a very nice man to take this pic, to prove that I'm getting some exercise!
This could almost be mistaken for the Med, maybe!

So, I'm working on MOTIVATION... and that's the really tricky part of achieving anything.
My goals are simple... WORK OFF FAT AND GET FIT!

My Plan of Action is to eat less and exercise more... simple!  Current advice is to eat 6 small meals a day, though that does seem like snacking to me. The trick is to only eat small amounts at any time. That can be a problem when you like food, as I do and I hate leaving anything...  a residue from my childhood... "Eat everything on your plate... think of the starving children in Africa!" If only I could have sent it to them!!
I've heard that the Queen has only tiny helpings when she has the tedious duty of sitting through long, multi-course banquets, so I'll remember to follow her example.

Motivation has to engage the emotions, so on my Action Plan I'm putting a current pic of myself in all my fatness, which engages all my negative emotions... alongside an earlier pic without it, which makes me feel that anything is possible.

Well, I'll never be 60 again!

EFT is the most effective way of combating cravings, so whenever I'm tempted to buy the dreaded sweet C things... Cakes or Chocolate... I know I can catch the feeling and tap it away... as long as I keep my GOAL in sight!

Any issues can be tapped on, such as... 'Even though Mum said I have to eat everything on my plate... I accept that was her perception, influenced by food shortages and rationing... and that was so long ago... I really don't have to believe that now... at my age... I can now make my own decisions... to only eat what's appropriate for me right NOW!'

Watch this Space...

patricia-wynne.co.uk

3 comments:

Unknown said...

WONderful photos!! I am jealous of your high tech abilities !...twitter even !
so let's see ....8am in BC = 4pm in Wales...(just getting light in BC = just getting dark in Wales ).....though the days are getting longer !!!yay !!!
3:30 pm here = 11:30pm there ...I"m off for a walk haha !so wonderful thinking of our energies joined in mutual goals...thanks patsy for inspiring me

Diane Holliday said...

Well done sister dear....you are on the right track. Keep going and I will too.

Catherine Woods said...

Well-said -- love the pics too!Hurrah!