Friday 28 November 2008

Cooling down, Bikes and things




I awoke this morning after a blissful night's sleep without the fan blowing all night! The temperature has dropped in the last couple of days to a comfortable degree that suits us Nordic types; not too hot and not too cold. The weather is overcast and perfect for cycling so as Mark was out visiting students, I was ready to venture out on my bike, which I should have bought earlier and it would have had more use. I'm so glad to have it so I could visit Michael at Co Mai's, although I didn't see her as she and Thim were away at their temple.

'Little' Mike came over and helped Michael get his flat tyre repaired before we had lunch together. That's him on my bike. L'l Mike had his Graduation ceremony at his University a couple of days ago and borrowed my camera for the occasion so I have some of his pictures. 'Big' Michael's had such bad luck with his old bike that he bought cheap, that he keeps saying he must get a better one, so he went off to see Sophia, who's Dad has contacts everywhere.

I cycled on into town to look for good T-shirts because if I go travelling in the mountains I could need warmer clothes. I managed to buy a Nike man's T-shirt because all the ladies wear is far too small for me. The sales girls all have a good laught when they try to find something to fit me! Mark has the same trouble because he's so big. He did find a new shirt in DaLat, which is labelled XXL while my T-shirt is just L.

I'd not been back long when Michael turned up with Sophia on the New Bike so he's very chuffed and everyone's happy!

No comments: