Tuesday 25 November 2008

Halfway

I can't believe I'm already half-way through my six month trip around the world. I've been here 3 months and will be leaving at the end of the year!

It was back to work again today. Taught half the lesson to Mark's private students this morning. I don't have any classes at KTV this week for several reasons; first one is that the student numbers have been dropping and secondly Mark's been given two classes every night because all the students want to study with him... he's that good! So I was all ready to relax and enjoy a break when Michael phoned to ask me to do his classes tonight. He's not feeling so good and on top of that, his bike doesn't start when he needs it to. So he's waiting for a friend to pick it up and get it repaired... again!

As I'm always ready to fill in when needed, naturally I said yes, even though I didn't have long to prepare. These are lovely classes of more mature students aged from teenagers to a man in his 40's. However, they are quite low level, which makes it more difficult as I have to be very careful how to phrase my sentences or they look at me bewildered.

Most of the day was really relaxing. After morning class we went to Co-op mart for shopping and watched a film as well before coming home.

I'll miss teaching in the evenings when I leave here. And I'll miss all the lovely students I've got to know, though there are certain ones I'll keep in touch with.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Or... you could always just stay here so I won't have separation anxiety. I know, I know.. once again, all about me :) I will miss you.

Catherine Woods said...

The way that you're touring the world is just the best -- being long enough in one place to be able to experience it more deeply. I seem to recall a visit to Australia. Is this true? My youngest, Ann, is there as I write, and will be there a year at least. She's based in Sydney, but has just gone for a visit to Perth.