Friday 7 November 2008

Home views





Friday 7th November 2008

These are views from our house, front, back and side. Everything looks unfinished.

It was very hot last night and in the middle of the night I awoke feeling a crawling sensation on my sweaty skin. Switching on the light I saw mites on my skin and in my bed; only a few, but enough to wake me. They are so tiny I can only see them when they move. I first encountered them at the Sao Mai Hotel, where they periodically swarmed over my desk. They’re attracted by anything from sweetness to sweat apparently! We had a swarm of them in the kitchen yesterday and had to thoroughly clean the work surfaces and spray with the highly toxic RAID that will probably kill us first. Judy calls them ants and tells me that they bite! Maybe that’s what was biting me at Co Mai’s, as my bed was on the floor. I’ve had the odd bite since moving here, but nothing like I was getting there.

Anyway, I managed to get rid of the ones I could see and slept fitfully till morning. Then I was up early to shower, strip the bed and get all the bedding washed. When I lived at the Hotel, my sheets were changed every day, so maybe I’ve not been washing them here frequently enough. I’ll certainly be more particular in future! Even though I may be getting used to the heat, I do sweat a lot. Yes, I know; horses sweat, gentlemen perspire and ladies glow! I do glow profusely.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It will be interesting to look back on these pictures when you visit again and see how much the neighborhood has changed!