Thursday 28 May 2009

A Crisis but not a Disaster!

Yesterday morning, that's Wednesday, I got 'K' into the bath and while she relaxed in the warm water, I suddenly realised she'd stopped responding to me. Her breathing seemed to be Ok but she definately wasn't with it! I must have been very lucky not to have to deal with such an emergency before in the twenty five and more years I've been doing this job because that's the first time I've actually called 999. 

Anyway, it wasn't more than 10 minutes before a couple of Paramedics arrived from the North Wales Ambulance Service and they were wonderful, getting her out of the bath swaddled in towels to lie on her bed and recover, which she did gradually. They reckoned she'd had nothing more serous than a faint because of the warmth of the bath. I told them I'd put them on the blog, so many thanks to Tom and Graham for saving the day! 

Today, Thursday, I had the day off and drove home for a few hours. It's been a lovely sunny day but it took all afternoon to get a little business done and pay some bills online and now I'm relaxing before I'm on duty again.

2 comments:

Catherine Woods said...

Hi Pat,
I'm glad to read the outcome -- good for you for getting assistance!
With blessings,
Catherine

Unknown said...

Bless those paramedics!